Early College Experience Secure File Upload for Certification Application
A CERTIFICATION APPLICATION CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A completed application form
- A detailed cover letter describing the applicant’s relevant background, qualifications, and teaching philosophy
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from the applicant’s principal and department head. If the applicant is the department head, a recommendation letter from a colleague would be accepted.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- A proposed course syllabus for each UConn course where certification is being sought. A syllabus template can be found on the ECE website for reference.
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO REMEMBER:
- Certification applications must be complete and received on or before January 31st to be considered for fall certification.
- Paper transcripts cannot be accepted. To add your transcripts electronically to your application please request your official transcript shared with you via email from the institution(s) you have attended. Once you receive your transcripts save the document(s) as a .pdf to upload to your application.
- UConn Early College Experience is not the same program as Advanced Placement. Instructors who plan to offer both options must align their course curriculum with the University of Connecticut course.
- Applicants must be currently employed at either a UConn ECE partner high school or interested in starting the program at their high school.
- UConn ECE instructors must attend a discipline-specific professional development event sponsored by UConn Early College Experience at a minimum of once every two years to remain certified.